The Club owns three lodges situated at Cass, Lake Clearwater and at the South Rakaia Hut Settlement. These facilities are all located close to noteworthy fishing spots. The lodges are warm and comfortable, and are of a standard suitable for families as well as to fishing parties. These lodges are fully self contained all the user needs to take is their food and fishing gear.
Rental is to members only (but the member may include non-members in the party). Rental starts at $30.00 per night per adult if you are willing to share with others, or $60 per night to book the whole lodge out. Extra persons are $10.00 each. Children under 12 years are free.
The lodge at Lake Clearwater can best be described as “the jewel in our Crown” with a view from the deck that has to be seen to be believed. We have recently completed an upgrade at Cass, and more recently shifted a four bedroom house on to the section at South Rakaia to replace the old 4-bed lodge previously on the site.
General rules for all lodges
All lodges are complete with pots, pans, cutlery, toasters, heaters, crockery and electric appliances where we have power.
- Full sets of printed instructions are in each lodge.
- Take your own bedding, bed linen, tea towels, dish cloths and toilet paper.
- Biodegradable washing detergent is essential at all lodges, to ensure that our septic tanks and sewerage systems work properly.
- If you use firewood at the huts please gather more for the next occupants.
- It is also wise to take a small bag of coal to Cass especially during the colder months.
- All equipment in the lodges belongs to the Club – anything that goes missing is a cost, that has to be met by all members if items have to be replaced.